Friday 30 January 2009

Identity - Plan and Notes

Ok this is just to help me before i create my gant chart, and in case i forget my main ideas.
I have also writen it down on my notebook and starting to paste images too, but will also post every image from inspiration to work related on here. Below is my tasks and bullet points (are my own things which i think needs to be done) and the dark blue font bullet points are ideas so i wont forget.
The highlighted light blue are tasks which i have completed and sure i have done <---posted on blogger and will ask teacher if i have achieved my task Identity Project (All my work will be posted on my blogger, but will have scrapebook for notes/images too) Part 1: Create a 3D avartar represents myself.
  • Think up ideas of who I am, interests, personality and write them down on paper/or blogger. (have started this with previous post)
  • Moodboards as well as a brainstorm of myself, and my interests. Then will create a brainstorm of ideas for my avatar like what i want them to have/wear/act/different looks i want my character to have etc. (Will put a different color text to represent my main choices)
  • Character Designs Drawings research, here i will look into the range ways to draw characters/avatars (Will look into color as well, and existing avatars shown in games/3D work)
  • Further Research of avatars, here i will post images of games i play and of my avatar i use to represent myself in each. Will include notes as well as just the image. (In a way kinda started this but will post a more detail 1 topic on all the games, with images, since previous was just to state who i am and few things i like.)
  • Draw my avatar, sketch it on paper and scan it in, heres where will might first do a brainstorm of what i want my avatar to consist of, so i can come up with few idea drawings of different avatars. (I will also color some in on photoshop)
  • Prototypes on 3D while testing out the software so screenshots could be included
  • Select final avatar and develop it adding color and detail in drawing so get a clear view before add it in 3D.
  • Final Outcome where I create my avatar in 3D then render it, after i will post it on my blogger and hosting site.
  • My own avatar will represent me but wont look exactly like myself expect features that relate to me and represent me.
  • I am very interested in creating my character in chibi style drawing since it represents anime, which is a strong passion of myself, it also looks alot better in my own view that gives a cute feel.
  • I might make my character have blue spikey hair (this represents me because i always have blue highlights/hair), I will also try to make the character look nice and shy (which are 2 personalities of myself). Another thing I will include will be adding dragon wings to make my avatar half human/half dragon (Since i am a fan of dragons and mythology) I might add something to represent my anime+music side as well maybe headphones/ipod/clothes with a anime tshirt/clothes.
Part 2: Logo
  • Research Logo companies and designs for a range of things, games, music etc.
  • Create some logo drawings that represent myself (use previous brainstorm of myself for help).
  • Select one and develop it, then produce the final outcome with color/detail.
  • A dragon or scorpio would be a good idea, since its my birthday i was born on 19th november 1988, the year of the dragon and scorpio.
  • Maybe add my name or nickname (hugo/duo) since clear represents my indentity.
Part 3: AV-Video
  • Research some videos on peoples indentity, for example youtube some music videos on peoples interests. (Maybe themselfs skating etc, or playing games)
  • Start to make a clear plan of my AV video, maybe brainstorm ideas.
  • Film the Video and collected selected videos since I will use clips from music band videos not just my own filming.
  • Produce test film/edits as a practice run using the softwares.
  • Produce the final idea and edit till you can produce the final outcome.
  • I will thinking of producing a music video of myself showing me inline skating (get someone to film me), and maybe few clips of my interests so if music i get clips of a band i really like doing a music video (might need collect it online with download), could also include things like me playing games or anime clips which is a huge part of myself (get these with me filming myself or download).
Part 4-5
  • Decide on my part 4-5 choice outcomes, then research them, design ideas, develop, test, produce the final outcomes (these are steps for any choice).
  • I might create a collage of myself or produce another av video maybe using other parts my own indentity, If i cant fit in the above 4, maybe split the clips into 2 Av Videos.
  • I could also create a website of myself, own work, interests etc.

No comments: