Friday 30 January 2009

Identity - Looking into character drawings Part 1

As I said on my last post, I will be looking into the different types of avatars there are, since there is a range of different ways to draw characters from human to alien to cyborg.
First type drawing I looked into is the basic life drawing with real human sizes, this is pretty much used in alot of 3D animations as well as games, for example "S4 league" this is myself on the game

Heres how to draw life drawing characters and ways to color.
































As you can see this is one way to draw characters and as saw above, its used alot as avatars in games. This is started with lines and shapes then built up towards a proper character which is a easy process once you get the hang of it.
The coloring, well depends way you do it which makes it look cartoony or more detailed less cartoony.

The next way of creating a avatar is non-human, it may be a creature you are into, or alien, or animal. For example a site I used to play where I created a pet avatar *the site was called "NeoPets", I decided to create a dragon thats blue since my favourite color is blue and i love dragons. These dont even need to be life drawing sizes since its made up and imaginary, i also wanted my dragon to look nice which i have been told is one of my qualities.


Another way i have researched into designing my avatar is chibi style, related to animes which is one my strong points. Heres a good way get a drawing of yourself done without trying figure out the whole life drawing sizes of arms etc. Chibi is a small version avatar with a cute look most the time.
(I am mainly wanting to design myself in chibi style not only will it be more practical for me and allow me to create alot of detailed versions of my avatar quicky, but it also represents myself better since has a nicer look to them and anime related). Although i will be adding inhuman features like dragon wings.

http://www.dragoart.com/chibis-c374-1.htm
(useful site which i will use)

No comments: