Friday 30 January 2009

Identity- Further Research into character design/avatar

Ok this is a further research into character designing for my avatar, getting a range of ideas how to color my character, different ways standing and movement, ideas of the type avatar i want in a 3d avatar (though first will need to draw on paper)
As you can see this is myself with my blue highlights *above* (about month or two ago before came to uni), though right now i have black/dark blue which cant see unless look into the light. I have been doing different styles blue since secondary school and will be including this feature in my avatar.

This image above helps show how my outcome will be, while thinking of clothes and how my character will stand (it gives me few ideas to me and people). The person drawed themselfs the way the wanted to be as well as having features of theres like the hair and attitude
Another How to guide, i have alot of images how to draw these, which will help when creating my own avatar chibi style.
Heres a interesting way how to do different movements like jumping etc, and ways to do different expressions with the eyes and hands.
I like the use of colors in background and eyes/hair, really thinking of doing a blue hair a little like the first part of the image. Different shades of blue gives it a really nice feeling and eventhough i use one type blue on my hair, i have been wanting experiment with highlights someday. It also gives me idea if im going include background to my 3d avatar.

Ok my idea for my avatar is a half human half dragon, this chibi style is a angel, but it gives me a idea how i can create my own version with dragon wings all scaley instead of features.

This is a actual Chibi dragon, when I saw this I was thinking of maybe creating one as my avatar instead of a half boy, half dragon. Or maybe just include one into my logo design, I am still deciding from which 2 of my ideas to go with. Though with the full dragon it would be hard to include many of the things that represent me.
Saw this and reminded me how I was born in the year of the dragons, so a dragon part to my avatar would be a strong represenation of myself as well as being one of my interests. I also ended up having ideas how to create my wings.
I found this image online while looking at different character designs how people drawed themselfs, inspired me how im going color my own drawing of my avatar and the useage of photoshop tutorials to help.
This image and one above both help me get ideas on coloring in, but also how im going showing feeling and emotion in my avatar (maybe the eyes/face/clothes will help a great deal)
This chibi has wings which are inpressive, coming from different angles. This is just a clear idea of how my avatar may look like, a human then wings from a dragon from back.

No comments: