Wednesday 12 November 2008

Assignment 3: Rule of Thirds














The “Rule of Thirds” is basically one of the most significant composition rule for both photographs and films, this is mainly a image/video divided into 9 squares, like a 3x3 grid as shown in the image.

The key attractions of a image/movie which are important to the viewer, will be placed inside the 4 dots on the square, where the lines intersect. For example a main character’s face reaction or important objects.

The Rule of Thirds is said to be where the main interest is, which people’s eyes will go straight into looking at that area.
In my mini video example I showed 3 of the points I wanted to use for my rule of thirds, I used special effects animation using software like After Effects/Particle Illusion to create the key features of the movie. This helped me remember the rule of thirds reasonably well because of the movement in these areas.


No comments: