Sunday 7 March 2010

Film Review: Alice In Wonderland

So today I saw Alice in Wonderland for the 3rd time today (2 times in 3D and this time in normal), i really liked the visuals and felt like watching it again, also since my friends kept inviting me i decided to tag along.



Film: Alice in Wonderland

Director: Tim Burton

Writers: Linda Woolverton (Screenplay)
Lewis Carroll (Books)

Site IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/


I really enjoyed the film because the visuals were stunning, creative, and imaginative which fits the original Alice in wonderland. I also thought it fits the type of movies Tim Burton does, where it has a crazy/insanity feel too atmosphere.
Though I did think the storyline lacked, it was a very boring piece which basically
*Spoiler alert don’t read if you don’t want to know*
It really is just like Alice in wonderland when she was a kid "the animated version" where she meets everyone they but the only difference is, she’s older and can’t remember them, then comes up with some really weird creature she has to fight which gets killed quicker than expected.

Though I doubt people will be remembering it for the storyline but more into the stunning visuals and CGI. I liked how it was shot too with a lot of close up's to show the characters emotions for example, Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, you had close up's of him smiling showing his insanity.

Overall it was a must watch 8/10

(-2 due to lack of storyline which could have been improved more detail, more action or anything)




No comments: