Monday 15 February 2010

Black Ice Day Four shooting




Today was an interesting day for the group that I'm in, we didn't have either the cameraman, light/sound assistant or producer. It was a three person team working with both lights, interviewing the guest speakers, sound- both "Ready Roll" and "Shotgun Mircrophone", as well as camera.
This ended up being overcome by me doing the lighting first before the interviewee's showing up, I then set up "Shotgun Microphone" onto the "Boom Poll" to see if it was working fine, I laid down the "Ready Roll" on the table as a safety measure to make sure we get perfect sound.
After the interviewee's came in I double checked see if lighting was fine in case different height but everything was fine, at the end of the filming we didn't have any problems where we would go over time.

This was also first time I had to do sound in a documentory group, using a "Boom Pole" which can be a very painful job, I had to get comfortable the whole two interviews while being close enough to record the sound but not too close where the "Boom Pole" shows on camera.

No comments: